All those attending the meetings with the Pope must go through a security check.
THESE ITEMS ARE PERMITTED:
- small folding chair
- water and other non-alcohol drinks (glassware is not recommended; thermoses are allowed)
- flag (not on metal rod)
- raincoat (umbrellas are not recommended)
- photo camera
THESE ITEMS ARE FORBIDDEN:
- explosives, explosive materials, fireworks
- objects, materials, or tools, which could be used as guns or could harm by striking, chopping, cutting, or stabbing
- knives, scissors, ladders, axes and other alike items
- poisonous, flammable, chemical, or dangerous materials or liquids.
- radioactive, infectious or biologically toxic materials, equipment, or liquids
- other tools, equipment, materials with are considered as dangerous by event’s security officers.
- animals and pets
Police will patrol in gathering places. Medical aid will be provided.
Information points – tents will be opened in the Cathedral Square and Santakos (Confluence) Park. Official merchandise and Catholic publications will be sold.
In cases of emergency, we invite you not to lose your temper, stay calm and, if needed, inform nearby officers or volunteers.